ICD-10-CM Code R04.1
Hemorrhage from throat
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R04.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hemorrhage from throat. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R04.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Hemoptysis - instead, use code R04.2
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R04.1 - Hemorrhage from throat'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R04.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 784.8 was previously used, R04.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.