ICD-10-CM Code R06
Abnormalities of breathing
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code R06 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of R06 that describes the diagnosis 'abnormalities of breathing' in more detail.
- R06 Abnormalities of breathing NON-BILLABLE
- R06.0 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R06.1
- BILLABLE R06.2
- BILLABLE R06.3 breathing
- BILLABLE R06.4
- BILLABLE R06.5 breathing
- BILLABLE R06.6
- BILLABLE R06.7
- R06.8 of breathing NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R06.9 of breathing
Coding Notes for R06 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome - instead, use Code J80
- Respiratory arrest - instead, use code R09.2
- Respiratory arrest of newborn - instead, use code P28.81
- Respiratory distress syndrome of newborn - instead, use code P22.-
- Respiratory failure - instead, use code J96.-
- Respiratory failure of newborn - instead, use code P28.5
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R06 - Abnormalities of breathing'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R06. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.