ICD-10-CM Code R06.5
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R06.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of mouth breathing. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R065 is used to code Mouth breathing
Mouth breathing (also termed open-mouth breathing or a mouth breathing habit) is breathing through the mouth rather than the nose.
|ICD 9 Code:||784.9|
Coding Notes for R06.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Dry mouth NOS - instead, use code R68.2
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Mouth breathing with nasal obstruction (finding)
- Xerostomia due to mouth breathing (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R06.5 - Mouth breathing'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R06.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R06.5 and a single ICD9 code, 784.99 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.