ICD-10-CM Code R09
Other symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory system
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code R09 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of R09 that describes the diagnosis 'oth symptoms and signs involving the circ and resp sys' in more detail.
- R09 Other symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory system NON-BILLABLE
- R09.0 and NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R09.1
- BILLABLE R09.2
- BILLABLE R09.3
- R09.8 Other symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for R09 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome - instead, use Code J80
- Respiratory arrest of newborn - instead, use code P28.81
- Respiratory distress syndrome of newborn - instead, use code P22.0
- Respiratory failure - instead, use code J96.-
- Respiratory failure of newborn - instead, use code P28.5
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R09 - Other symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R09. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.