ICD-10-CM Code R29.810
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R29.810 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of facial weakness. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R29.810 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Facial droop
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Bell's palsy - instead, use code G51.0
- Facial weakness following cerebrovascular disease (I69. with final characters -92) - instead, use code I69.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R29.810 - Facial weakness'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R29.810. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 781.94 was previously used, R29.810 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.