ICD-10-CM Code R29.891
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R29.891 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of ocular torticollis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R29.891 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital (sternomastoid) torticollis Q68.0 - instead, use code Q68.0
- Psychogenic torticollis - instead, use code F45.8
- Spasmodic torticollis - instead, use code G24.3
- Torticollis due to birth injury - instead, use code P15.8
- Torticollis NOS M43.6 - instead, use code M43.6
- DRG Group #551-552 - Medical back problems with MCC.
- DRG Group #551-552 - Medical back problems without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R29.891 - Ocular torticollis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R29.891. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 781.93 was previously used, R29.891 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.