ICD-10-CM Code R47
Speech disturbances, not elsewhere classified
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code R47 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of R47 that describes the diagnosis 'speech disturbances, not elsewhere classified' in more detail.
- R47 Speech disturbances, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- R47.0 Dysphasia and aphasia NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R47.1 Dysarthria and anarthria
- R47.8 Other speech disturbances NON-BILLABLE
- R47.81 Slurred speech BILLABLE
- R47.82 Fluency disorder in conditions classified elsewhere BILLABLE
- R47.89 Other speech disturbances BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R47.9 Unspecified speech disturbances
The ICD code R47 is used to code Speech disorder
Coding Notes for R47 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Autism - instead, use code F84.0
- Cluttering - instead, use code F80.81
- Specific developmental disorders of speech and language - instead, use code F80.-
- Stuttering - instead, use code F80.81
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R47 - Speech disturbances, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R47. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.