ICD-10-CM Code R54
Age-related physical debility
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Adult OnlyCode is only used for patients 15 years old or older.
R54 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of age-related physical debility. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R54 is used to code Debility (medical)Wikipedia
Coding Notes for R54 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Old age
- Senile asthenia
- Senile debility
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Age-related cognitive decline - instead, use code R41.81
- Senile psychosis - instead, use Code F03
- Senility NOS - instead, use code R41.81
- DRG Group #884 - Organic disturbances and mental retardation.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Senile asthenia (finding)
- Senile exhaustion (finding)
- Complaining of debility and malaise (finding)
- >= 65.0 years
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- Exhaustion - physiological (finding)
- Quickly exhausted (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R54 - Age-related physical debility'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R54. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R54 and a single ICD9 code, 797 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.