ICD-10-CM Code R62
Lack of expected normal physiological development in childhood and adults
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code R62 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of R62 that describes the diagnosis 'lack of expected normal physiol dev in childhood and adults' in more detail.
- R62 Lack of expected normal physiological development in childhood and adults NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R62.0 in childhood
- R62.5 of expected normal physiological development in childhood NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE R62.7
Coding Notes for R62 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Delayed puberty - instead, use code E30.0
- Gonadal dysgenesis - instead, use code Q99.1
- Hypopituitarism - instead, use code E23.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R62 - Lack of expected normal physiological development in childhood and adults'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R62. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.