ICD-10-CM Code R63.8
Other symptoms and signs concerning food and fluid intake
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R63.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other symptoms and signs concerning food and fluid intake. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Carbohydrate craving (finding)
- Inadequate oral food intake for physiological needs (finding)
- Inadequate food intake (finding)
- Excessive caffeine intake (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R63.8 - Other symptoms and signs concerning food and fluid intake'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R63.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R63.8 and a single ICD9 code, 783.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.