ICD-10-CM Code R65.11
Systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) of non-infectious origin with acute organ dysfunction
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R65.11 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) of non-infectious origin with acute organ dysfunction. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R65 is used to code Systemic inflammatory response syndrome
Systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) is an inflammatory state affecting the whole body, frequently a response of the immune system to infection, but not necessarily so. It is related to sepsis, a condition in which individuals meet criteria for SIRS and have a known infection.
|ICD 9 Code:||995.90|
Coding Notes for R65.11 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify specific acute organ dysfunction, such as:
- Acute kidney failure See code N17.-
- Acute respiratory failure See code J96.0-
- Critical illness myopathy See code G72.81
- Critical illness polyneuropathy See code G62.81
- Disseminated intravascular coagulopathy [DIC] See Code D65
- Encephalopathy (metabolic) (septic) See code G93.41
- Hepatic failure See code K72.0-
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis with mv 96+ hours.
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis without mv 96+ hours with MCC.
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis without mv 96+ hours without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R65.11 - Systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) of non-infectious origin with acute organ dysfunction'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R65.11. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 995.94 was previously used, R65.11 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.