ICD-10-CM Code R68.0
Hypothermia, not associated with low environmental temperature
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R68.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hypothermia, not associated with low environmental temperature. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R68.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hypothermia NOS (accidental) - instead, use Code T68
- Hypothermia due to anesthesia - instead, use code T88.51
- Hypothermia due to low environmental temperature - instead, use Code T68
- Newborn hypothermia - instead, use code P80.-
- DRG Group #947-948 - Signs and symptoms with MCC.
- DRG Group #947-948 - Signs and symptoms without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R68.0 - Hypothermia, not associated with low environmental temperature'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R68.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 780.65 was previously used, R68.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.