ICD-10-CM Code R69
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Mental Health CodeIndicates that the ICD code is referenced in DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Version 5)
R69 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of illness, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R69 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Unknown and unspecified cases of morbidity
- DRG Group #951 - Other factors influencing health status.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Generalized failure of tooth eruption associated with systemic disease (disorder)
- Epididymo-orchitis associated with another disorder (disorder)
- Aplastic anemia due to chronic disease (disorder)
- Severe systemic illness respiratory muscle fatigue (disorder)
- Severe systemic illness-induced respiratory muscle wasting (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R69 - Illness, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R69. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R69 and a single ICD9 code, V41.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.