ICD-10-CM Code R87.615
Unsatisfactory cytologic smear of cervix
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
R87.615 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unsatisfactory cytologic smear of cervix. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R87.615 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Inadequate sample of cytologic smear of cervix
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R87.615 - Unsatisfactory cytologic smear of cervix'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R87.615. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Unsatisfactory cervical cytology smear (exact match)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 795.08 was previously used, R87.615 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: R87.61 - Abnormal cytological findings in specimens from cervix uteri