ICD-10-CM Code R87.624
Cytologic evidence of malignancy on smear of vagina
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
R87.624 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cytologic evidence of malignancy on smear of vagina. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cytological evidence of malignancy on vaginal Papanicolaou smear (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R87.624 - Cytologic evidence of malignancy on smear of vagina'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R87.624. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Papanicolaou smear of vagina with cytologic evidence of malignancy (exact match)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 795.16 was previously used, R87.624 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: R87.62 - Abnormal cytological findings in specimens from vagina