ICD-10-CM Code R87.628
Other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from vagina
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
R87.628 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from vagina. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Atypical glandular cells on vaginal Papanicolaou smear (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R87.628 - Other abnormal cytological findings on specimens from vagina'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R87.628. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Abnormal glandular Papanicolaou smear of vagina (approximate match)
Other abnormal Papanicolaou smear of vagina and vaginal HPV (approximate match)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R87.628 and a single ICD9 code, 795.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: R87.62 - Abnormal cytological findings in specimens from vagina