ICD-10-CM Code R93.0
Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of skull and head, not elsewhere classified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R93.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of skull and head, not elsewhere classified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R93.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Intracranial space-occupying lesion found on diagnostic imaging - instead, use code R90.0
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Soft tissue X-ray face abnormal (finding)
- Soft tissue X-ray mouth abnormal (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R93.0 - Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of skull and head, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R93.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R93.0 and a single ICD9 code, 793.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: R93 - Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging of other body structures