ICD-10-CM Code S05.0
Injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion without foreign body
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S05.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of S05.0 that describes the diagnosis 'injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion w/o foreign body' in more detail.
- S05.0 Injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion without foreign body NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code S050 is used to code Corneal abrasion
Corneal abrasion is a medical condition involving the loss of the surface epithelial layer of the eye's cornea.
|ICD 9 Code:||918.1|
A corneal abrasion after staining with fluorescein.
Coding Notes for S05.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Traumatic corneal abrasion (disorder)
- Infected corneal abrasion (disorder)
- Superficial injury of cornea (disorder)
- Superficial injury of conjunctiva (disorder)
- Conjunctival abrasion (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S05.0 - Injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion without foreign body'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S05.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.