ICD-10-CM Code S05.8
Other injuries of eye and orbit
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S05.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of S05.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other injuries of eye and orbit' in more detail.
- S05.8 Other injuries of eye and orbit NON-BILLABLE
- S05.8X Other injuries of eye and orbit NON-BILLABLE
- S05.8X1 Other injuries of right eye and orbit NON-BILLABLE
- S05.8X2 Other injuries of left eye and orbit NON-BILLABLE
- S05.8X9 Other injuries of unspecified eye and orbit NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for S05.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Lacrimal duct injury
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Contusion of eye AND ocular adnexa (disorder)
- Radiational injury of sclera (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S05.8 - Other injuries of eye and orbit'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S05.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.