ICD-10-CM Code S09.9
Unspecified injury of face and head
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S09.9 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of S09.9 that describes the diagnosis 'unspecified injury of face and head' in more detail.
- S09.9 Unspecified injury of face and head NON-BILLABLE
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Injury of head with otorrhagia (disorder)
- Self-mutilation of ears (finding)
- Self inflicted injury of lip (disorder)
- Injury of salivary gland (disorder)
- Injury of salivary duct (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S09.9 - Unspecified injury of face and head'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S09.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.