ICD-10-CM Code S23.101A
Dislocation of unspecified thoracic vertebra, initial encounter
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
S23.101A is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of dislocation of unspecified thoracic vertebra, initial encounter. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code S23 is used to code Chest injury
A chest injury is any form of physical injury to the chest including the ribs, heart and lungs. Chest injuries account for 25% of all deaths from traumatic injury. Typically chest injuries are caused by blunt mechanisms such as motor vehicle collisions or penetrating mechanisms such as stabbings.
|ICD 9 Code:||959.11|
A chest X-ray of a right sided pulmonary contusion associated with flail chest and subcutaneous emphysema
- DRG Group #551-552 - Medical back problems with MCC.
- DRG Group #551-552 - Medical back problems without MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with CC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma without CC or MCC.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code S23.101A and a single ICD9 code, 839.21 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.