ICD-10-CM Code S28.2
Traumatic amputation of breast
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S28.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of S28.2 that describes the diagnosis 'traumatic amputation of breast' in more detail.
- S28.2 Traumatic amputation of breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.21 amputation of breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.211 Complete traumatic amputation of right breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.212 Complete traumatic amputation of left breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.219 Complete traumatic amputation of unspecified breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.22 amputation of breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.221 Partial traumatic amputation of right breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.222 Partial traumatic amputation of left breast NON-BILLABLE
- S28.229 Partial traumatic amputation of unspecified breast NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code S28 is used to code Chest injury
A chest injury is any form of physical injury to the chest including the ribs, heart and lungs. Chest injuries account for 25% of all deaths from traumatic injury. Typically chest injuries are caused by blunt mechanisms such as motor vehicle collisions or penetrating mechanisms such as stabbings.
|ICD 9 Code:||959.11|
A chest X-ray of a right sided pulmonary contusion associated with flail chest and subcutaneous emphysema