ICD-10-CM Code S30.87
Other superficial bite of abdomen, lower back, pelvis and external genitals
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S30.87 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of S30.87 that describes the diagnosis 'oth superfic bite of abd, low back, pelv and extrn genitals' in more detail.
- S30.87 Other superficial bite of abdomen, lower back, pelvis and external genitals NON-BILLABLE
- S30.870 Other superficial bite of lower pelvis NON-BILLABLE
- S30.871 Other superficial bite of NON-BILLABLE
- S30.872 Other superficial bite of NON-BILLABLE
- S30.873 Other superficial bite of and NON-BILLABLE
- S30.874 Other superficial bite of and NON-BILLABLE
- S30.875 Other superficial bite of external NON-BILLABLE
- S30.876 Other superficial bite of external NON-BILLABLE
- S30.877 Other superficial bite of NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code S30 is used to code Bruise
A bruise, or contusion, is a type of hematoma of tissue in which capillaries and sometimes venules are damaged by trauma, allowing blood to seep, hemorrhage, or extravasate into the surrounding interstitial tissues. Bruises, which do not blanch under pressure, can involve capillaries at the level of skin, subcutaneous tissue, muscle, or bone. Bruises are not to be confused with other similar-looking lesions primarily distinguished by their by their diameter or causation. These lesions include petechia (< 3 mm result from numerous and diverse etiologies such as adverse reactions from medications such as warfarin, straining, asphyxiation, platelet disorders and diseases such as cytomegalovirus), purpura (3 mm to 1 cm, classified as palpable purpura or non-palpable purpura and indicates various pathologic conditions such as thrombocytopenia), and ecchymosis (>1 cm caused blood dissecting through tissue planes and settled in an area remote from the site of trauma or pathology such as periorbital ecchymosis, i.e.,"raccoon eyes" , arising from a basilar skull fracture or from a neuroblastoma).
|MeSH Codes:||D003288, D003288, D003288, D003288, D003288|
|ICD 9 Codes:||920, 921, 922, 923, 924|
Bruise on upper leg caused by a blunt object
Coding Notes for S30.87 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Open bite of abdomen, lower back, pelvis and external genitals (S31.05, S31.15, S31.25, S31.35, S31.45, S31.55) - instead, use code S31.05
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S30.87 - Other superficial bite of abdomen, lower back, pelvis and external genitals'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S30.87. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.