ICD-10-CM Code S36.51
Primary blast injury of colon
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S36.51 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of S36.51 that describes the diagnosis 'primary blast injury of colon' in more detail.
- S36.51 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.510 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.511 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.512 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.513 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.518 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
- S36.519 Primary blast injury of colon NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code S36 is used to code Abdominal trauma
Abdominal trauma is an injury to the abdomen. It may be blunt or penetrating and may involve damage to the abdominal organs. Signs and symptoms include abdominal pain, tenderness, rigidity, and bruising of the external abdomen. Abdominal trauma presents a risk of severe blood loss and infection. Diagnosis may involve ultrasonography, computed tomography, and peritoneal lavage, and treatment may involve surgery. Injury to the lower chest may cause splenic or liver injuries.
|ICD 9 Code:||868|
Abdominal trauma resulting in a right kidney contusion (open arrow) and blood surrounding the kidney (closed arrow) as seen on CT.
Coding Notes for S36.51 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Blast injury of colon NOS
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Injury of ascending right colon with open wound into abdominal cavity (disorder)
- Injury of transverse colon with open wound into abdominal cavity (disorder)
- Injury of descending left colon with open wound into abdominal cavity (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'S36.51 - Primary blast injury of colon'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code S36.51. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.