ICD-10-CM Code T14.90
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
T14.90 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of injury, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for T14.90 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Injury NOS
- DRG Group #913-914 - Traumatic injury with MCC.
- DRG Group #913-914 - Traumatic injury without MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with CC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Traumatic plantar fasciitis (disorder)
- Non-purulent discharge from wound (finding)
- Serous discharge from wound (finding)
- Sanguinous exudate from wound (finding)
- Injury due to suicide attempt (disorder)
- Traumatic onychia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Additional codes may be required to identify place of occurrence
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T14.90 - Injury, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T14.90. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code T14.90 and a single ICD9 code, 959.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.