ICD-10-CM Code T38.4
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oral contraceptives
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T38.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T38.4 that describes the diagnosis 'oral contraceptives' in more detail.
- T38.4 Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oral contraceptives NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oral contraceptives NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X1 Poisoning by oral contraceptives, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X2 Poisoning by oral contraceptives, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X3 Poisoning by oral contraceptives, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X4 Poisoning by oral contraceptives, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X5 Adverse effect of oral contraceptives NON-BILLABLE
- T38.4X6 Underdosing of oral contraceptives NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T38.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of multiple- and single-ingredient oral contraceptive preparations