ICD-10-CM Code T47.6
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of antidiarrheal drugs
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T47.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T47.6 that describes the diagnosis 'antidiarrheal drugs' in more detail.
- T47.6 Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of antidiarrheal drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of antidiarrheal drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X1 Poisoning by antidiarrheal drugs, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X2 Poisoning by antidiarrheal drugs, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X3 Poisoning by antidiarrheal drugs, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X4 Poisoning by antidiarrheal drugs, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X5 Adverse effect of antidiarrheal drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T47.6X6 Underdosing of antidiarrheal drugs NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T47.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of systemic antibiotics and other anti-infectives - instead, use Section T36-T37