ICD-10-CM Code T48.0
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oxytocic drugs
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T48.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T48.0 that describes the diagnosis 'oxytocic drugs' in more detail.
- T48.0 Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oxytocic drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of oxytocic drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X1 Poisoning by oxytocic drugs, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X2 Poisoning by oxytocic drugs, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X3 Poisoning by oxytocic drugs, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X4 Poisoning by oxytocic drugs, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X5 Adverse effect of oxytocic drugs NON-BILLABLE
- T48.0X6 Underdosing of oxytocic drugs NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T48.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of estrogens, progestogens and antagonists (T38.4-T38.6) - instead, use code T38.4-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Poisoning by oxytocin (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code