ICD-10-CM Code T52.8
Toxic effects of other organic solvents
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T52.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T52.8 that describes the diagnosis 'toxic effects of other organic solvents' in more detail.
- T52.8 Toxic effects of other organic solvents NON-BILLABLE
- T52.8X Toxic effects of other organic solvents NON-BILLABLE
- T52.8X1 Toxic effect of other organic solvents, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T52.8X2 Toxic effect of other organic solvents, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T52.8X3 Toxic effect of other organic solvents, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T52.8X4 Toxic effect of other organic solvents, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T52 is used to code Intoxicative inhalant
Intoxicative inhalants are a broad range of intoxicative drugs whose volatile vapors or gases are taken in via the nose and trachea. They are taken by room temperature volatilization or from a pressurized container (e.g., nitrous oxide), and do not include drugs that are sniffed after burning or heating. For example, amyl nitrite and toluene are considered inhalants, but tobacco, cannabis, and crack are not, even though the latter are also inhaled (as smoke).
|ICD 9 Code:||981.982|