ICD-10-CM Code T56.5
Toxic effects of zinc and its compounds
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T56.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T56.5 that describes the diagnosis 'toxic effects of zinc and its compounds' in more detail.
- T56.5 Toxic effects of zinc and its compounds NON-BILLABLE
- T56.5X Toxic effects of zinc and its compounds NON-BILLABLE
- T56.5X1 Toxic effect of zinc and its compounds, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T56.5X2 Toxic effect of zinc and its compounds, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T56.5X3 Toxic effect of zinc and its compounds, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T56.5X4 Toxic effect of zinc and its compounds, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T565 is used to code Zinc toxicity
Zinc toxicity is a medical condition involving an overdose on, or toxic overexposure to, zinc. Such toxicity levels have been seen to occur at ingestion of greater than 225 mg of zinc. Excessive absorption of zinc can suppress copper and iron absorption. The free zinc ion in solution is highly toxic to bacteria, plants, invertebrates, and even vertebrate fish. Zinc is an essential trace metal with very low toxicity in humans.
|ICD 9 Code:||985.8|