ICD-10-CM Code T80.2
Infections following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T80.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of T80.2 that describes the diagnosis 'infect following infusion, transfuse and theraputc injection' in more detail.
- T80.2 Infections following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection NON-BILLABLE
- T80.21 NON-BILLABLE
- T80.22 following infusion, injection NON-BILLABLE
- T80.29 following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T80.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify the specific infection, such as:
- Sepsis See code A41.9
- Code See code R65.2- to identify severe sepsis, if applicable
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Infections specified as due to prosthetic devices, implants and grafts (T82.6-T82.7, T83.5-T83.6, T84.5-T84.7, T85.7) - instead, use code T82.6-
- Postprocedural infections - instead, use code T81.4
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T80.2 - Infections following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T80.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.