ICD-10-CM Code T80.8
Other complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T80.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of T80.8 that describes the diagnosis 'oth comp fol infusion, transfuse and theraputc injection' in more detail.
- T80.8 Other complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection NON-BILLABLE
- T80.81 NON-BILLABLE
- T80.810 Extravasation of vesicant antineoplastic chemotherapy NON-BILLABLE
- T80.818 Extravasation of other vesicant agent NON-BILLABLE
- T80.89 Other complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T808 is used to code Transfusion hemosiderosis
Transfusional hemosiderosis is the accumulation of iron in the liver and/or heart but also endocrine organs, in patients who receive frequent blood transfusions (such as those with thalassemia, sickle cell disease, aplastic anemia or myelodysplastic syndrome).
|ICD 9 Codes:||999.8, 999.8|
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Inadequate hemodialysis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T80.8 - Other complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T80.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.