ICD-10-CM Code T81.1
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T81.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of T81.1 that describes the diagnosis 'postprocedural shock' in more detail.
- T81.1 Postprocedural shock NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T811 is used to code Hypovolemia
In physiology and medicine, hypovolemia (also hypovolaemia, oligemia or shock) is a state of decreased blood volume; more specifically, decrease in volume of blood plasma. It is thus the intravascular component of volume contraction (or loss of blood volume due to things such as hemorrhaging or dehydration), but, as it also is the most essential one, hypovolemia and volume contraction are sometimes used synonymously.
|ICD 9 Code:||276.52|
Coding Notes for T81.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Shock during or resulting from a procedure, not elsewhere classified
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Anaphylactic shock NOS - instead, use code T78.2
- Anaphylactic shock due to correct substance properly administered - instead, use code T88.6
- Anaphylactic shock due to serum - instead, use code T80.5-
- Anesthetic shock - instead, use code T88.2
- Electric shock - instead, use code T75.4
- Obstetric shock - instead, use code O75.1
- Septic shock - instead, use code R65.21
- Shock following abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy - instead, use Section O00-O07, O08.3)
- Traumatic shock - instead, use code T79.4
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Postoperative hypovolemic shock (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T81.1 - Postprocedural shock'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T81.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.