ICD-10-CM Code T82.0
Mechanical complication of heart valve prosthesis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T82.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of T82.0 that describes the diagnosis 'mechanical complication of heart valve prosthesis' in more detail.
- T82.0 Mechanical complication of heart valve prosthesis NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for T82.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Mechanical complication of artificial heart valve
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Mechanical complication of biological heart valve graft - instead, use code T82.22-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Prosthetic pulmonary valve regurgitation (disorder)
- Acute prosthetic mitral valve regurgitation (disorder)
- Prosthetic tricuspid valve failure (disorder)
- Prosthetic tricuspid valve regurgitation (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T82.0 - Mechanical complication of heart valve prosthesis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T82.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.