ICD-10-CM Code T82.6
Infection and inflammatory reaction due to cardiac valve prosthesis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
7th Character RequiredCode requires 7th Character Extension identifier. This 7th Character usually captures Episode of Care information, such as "Initial Encounter," "Subsquent Encounter," or "Sequela."
ICD Code T82.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use specify a 7th character that describes the diagnosis 'infect/inflm reaction due to cardiac valve prosthesis' in more detail. The 7th characters that can be added, and the resulting billable codes, are as follows:
|7th Digit Specifies
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
Coding Notes for T82.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify infection
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Infection and inflammatory reaction due to cardiac valve prosthesis (disorder)
- Endocarditis of prosthetic aortic valve (disorder)
- Endocarditis of prosthetic pulmonary valve (disorder)
- Prosthetic cardiac valve vegetation (disorder)
- Endocarditis of prosthetic tricuspid valve (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Episode of care information needed
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T82.6 - Infection and inflammatory reaction due to cardiac valve prosthesis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T82.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.