ICD-10-CM Code T86.01
Bone marrow transplant rejection
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
T86.01 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of bone marrow transplant rejection. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code T860 is used to code Graft-versus-host disease
Graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) is a rare medical complication following the receipt of transplanted tissue from a genetically different person. GvHD is commonly associated with stem cell or bone marrow transplant but the term also applies to other forms of tissue graft. Immune cells (white blood cells) in the donated tissue (the graft) recognize the recipient (the host) as "foreign." The transplanted immune cells then attack the host's body cells. GvHD can also occur after a blood transfusion if the blood products used have not been irradiated or treated with an approved pathogen reduction system.
|ICD 9 Code:
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T86.01 - Bone marrow transplant rejection'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T86.01. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code T86.01 and a single ICD9 code, 996.85 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.