ICD-10-CM Code T86.31
Heart-lung transplant rejection
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
T86.31 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of heart-lung transplant rejection. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code T86 is used to code Transplant rejection
Transplant rejection occurs when transplanted tissue is rejected by the recipient's immune system, which destroys the transplanted tissue. Transplant rejection can be lessened by determining the molecular similitude between donor and recipient and by use of immunosuppressant drugs after transplant.
Micrograph showing lung transplant rejection. Lung biopsy. H&E stain.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Heart-lung transplant failure and rejection (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T86.31 - Heart-lung transplant rejection'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T86.31. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code T86.31 and a single ICD9 code, 996.84 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.