ICD-10-CM Code T88
Other complications of surgical and medical care, not elsewhere classified
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T88 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of T88 that describes the diagnosis 'oth complications of surgical and medical care, nec' in more detail.
- T88 Other complications of surgical and medical care, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- T88.0 Infection following immunization NON-BILLABLE
- T88.1 Other complications following immunization, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- T88.2 Shock due to anesthesia NON-BILLABLE
- T88.3 Malignant hyperthermia due to anesthesia NON-BILLABLE
- T88.4 Failed or difficult intubation NON-BILLABLE
- T88.5 Other complications of anesthesia NON-BILLABLE
- T88.6 Anaphylactic reaction due to adverse effect of correct drug or medicament properly administered NON-BILLABLE
- T88.7 Unspecified adverse effect of drug or medicament NON-BILLABLE
- T88.8 Other specified complications of surgical and medical care, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- T88.9 Complication of surgical and medical care, unspecified NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T88 is used to code Injury
Injury is damage to the body. This maybe caused by accidents, falls, hits, weapons, and other causes.
|ICD 9 Codes:
The knee of a person is examined with the help of radiography after an injury.
Coding Notes for T88 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Complication following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection - instead, use code T80.-
- Complication following procedure NEC - instead, use code T81.-
- Complications of anesthesia in labor and delivery - instead, use code O74.-
- Complications of anesthesia in pregnancy - instead, use code O29.-
- Complications of anesthesia in puerperium - instead, use code O89.-
- Complications of devices, implants and grafts - instead, use Section T82-T85
- Complications of obstetric surgery and procedure - instead, use code O75.4
- Dermatitis due to drugs and medicaments (L23.3, L24.4, L25.1, L27.0-L27.1) - instead, use code L23.3
- Poisoning and toxic effects of drugs and chemicals - instead, use Section T36-T65 with fifth or sixth character 1-4 or 6)
- Specified complications classified elsewhere
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code T88
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T88 - Other complications of surgical and medical care, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T88. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.