ICD-10-CM Code T88.59
Other complications of anesthesia
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
7th Character RequiredCode requires 7th Character Extension identifier. This 7th Character usually captures Episode of Care information, such as "Initial Encounter," "Subsquent Encounter," or "Sequela."
ICD Code T88.59 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use specify a 7th character that describes the diagnosis 'other complications of anesthesia' in more detail. The 7th characters that can be added, and the resulting billable codes, are as follows:
|7th Digit||Billable Code||7th Digit Specifies|
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
The ICD code T88 is used to code Injury
Injury is damage to the body. This maybe caused by accidents, falls, hits, weapons, and other causes.
|MeSH Codes:||D014947, D014947|
|ICD 9 Codes:||800, 999|
The knee of a person is examined with the help of radiography after an injury.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Obstetrical complication of general anesthesia (disorder)
- Obstetric anesthesia with central nervous system complication with antenatal problem (disorder)
- Obstetric anesthesia with central nervous system complication in childbirth (disorder)
- Obstetric anesthesia with pulmonary complications with postnatal problem (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Episode of care information needed
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T88.59 - Other complications of anesthesia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T88.59. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.