ICD-10-CM Code V93.1
Other burn on board watercraft
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code V93.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of V93.1 that describes the diagnosis 'other burn on board watercraft' in more detail.
- V93.1 Other burn on board watercraft NON-BILLABLE
- V93.10 Other burn on board merchant vessel NON-BILLABLE
- V93.11 Other burn on board passenger vessel NON-BILLABLE
- V93.12 Other burn on board fishing boat NON-BILLABLE
- V93.13 Other burn on board other powered watercraft NON-BILLABLE
- V93.14 Other burn on board sailboat NON-BILLABLE
- V93.19 Other burn on board unspecified watercraft NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for V93.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Burn due to source other than fire on board watercraft
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Burn due to watercraft on fire - instead, use code V91.0-
ICD-10-CM External Cause Index References for 'V93.1 - Other burn on board watercraft'
The ICD-10-CM External Cause Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code V93.1. Click on any term below to browse the external cause index.