ICD-10-CM Code X06
Exposure to ignition or melting of other clothing and apparel
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code X06 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of X06 that describes the diagnosis 'exposure to ignition or melting of oth clothing and apparel' in more detail.
- X06 Exposure to ignition or melting of other clothing and apparel NON-BILLABLE
- X06.0 Exposure to ignition of NON-BILLABLE
- X06.1 Exposure to melting of NON-BILLABLE
- X06.2 Exposure to ignition of other clothing and apparel NON-BILLABLE
- X06.3 Exposure to melting of other clothing and apparel NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for X06 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Exposure to uncontrolled fire in building or structure - instead, use code X00.-
- Exposure to uncontrolled fire, not in building or structure - instead, use code X01.-
- Exposure to controlled fire in building or structure - instead, use code X02.-
- Exposure to controlled fire, not in building or structure - instead, use code X03.-
- Exposure to ignition of highly flammable materials - instead, use code X04.-
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code X06
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for place of occurrence
- This is an external cause code for use in a secondary position
ICD-10-CM External Cause Index References for 'X06 - Exposure to ignition or melting of other clothing and apparel'
The ICD-10-CM External Cause Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code X06. Click on any term below to browse the external cause index.