ICD-10-CM Code X08
Exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code X08 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of X08 that describes the diagnosis 'exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames' in more detail.
- X08 Exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames NON-BILLABLE
- X08.0 Exposure to fire NON-BILLABLE
- X08.1 Exposure to fire NON-BILLABLE
- X08.2 Exposure to other fire NON-BILLABLE
- X08.8 Exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for X08 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code X08
ICD-10-CM External Cause Index References for 'X08 - Exposure to other specified smoke, fire and flames'
The ICD-10-CM External Cause Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code X08. Click on any term below to browse the external cause index.