ICD-10-CM Code Y35.4
Legal intervention involving sharp objects
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Y35.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of Y35.4 that describes the diagnosis 'legal intervention involving sharp objects' in more detail.
- Y35.4 Legal intervention involving sharp objects NON-BILLABLE
- Y35.40 Legal intervention involving sharp objects NON-BILLABLE
- Y35.41 Legal intervention involving NON-BILLABLE
- Y35.49 Legal intervention involving sharp objects NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Y35.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Legal intervention involving being cut by sharp objects
- Legal intervention involving being stabbed by sharp objects