ICD-10-CM Code Z00.12
Encounter for routine child health examination
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z00.12 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of Z00.12 that describes the diagnosis 'encounter for routine child health examination' in more detail.
- Z00.12 Encounter for routine child health examination NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z00.12 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Encounter for development testing of infant or child
- Health check (routine) for child over 28 days old
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Health check for child under 29 days old - instead, use code Z00.11-
- Health supervision of foundling or other healthy infant or child (Z76.1-Z76.2) - instead, use code Z76.1-
- Newborn health examination - instead, use code Z00.11-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z00.12 - Encounter for routine child health examination'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z00.12. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.