ICD-10-CM Code Z16.29
Resistance to other single specified antibiotic
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Z16.29 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of resistance to other single specified antibiotic. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for Z16.29 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Resistance to aminoglycosides
- Resistance to macrolides
- Resistance to sulfonamides
- Resistance to tetracyclines
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #867-869 - Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Streptomycin resistant tuberculosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z16.29 - Resistance to other single specified antibiotic'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z16.29. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code Z16.29 and a single ICD9 code, V09.6 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.