ICD-10-CM Code Z22
Carrier of infectious disease
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z22 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of Z22 that describes the diagnosis 'carrier of infectious disease' in more detail.
- Z22 Carrier of infectious disease NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z22.0 Carrier of
- BILLABLE Z22.1 Carrier of infectious
- BILLABLE Z22.2 Carrier of
- Z22.3 Carrier of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z22.4 Carrier of
- Z22.5 Carrier of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z22.6 Carrier of
- BILLABLE Z22.8 Carrier of infectious
- BILLABLE Z22.9 Carrier of infectious
Coding Notes for Z22 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Colonization status
- Suspected carrier
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z22 - Carrier of infectious disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z22. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.