ICD-10-CM Code Z73
Problems related to life management difficulty
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z73 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of Z73 that describes the diagnosis 'problems related to life management difficulty' in more detail.
- Z73 Problems related to life management difficulty NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z73.0 Burn-out
- BILLABLE Z73.1 Type A behavior pattern
- BILLABLE Z73.2 Lack of relaxation and leisure
- BILLABLE Z73.3 Stress, not elsewhere classified
- BILLABLE Z73.4 Inadequate social skills, not elsewhere classified
- BILLABLE Z73.5 Social role conflict, not elsewhere classified
- BILLABLE Z73.6 Limitation of activities due to disability
- Z73.8 Other problems related to life management difficulty NON-BILLABLE
- Z73.81 Behavioral insomnia of childhood NON-BILLABLE
- Z73.82 Dual sensory impairment BILLABLE
- Z73.89 Other problems related to life management difficulty BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z73.9 Problem related to life management difficulty, unspecified
Coding Notes for Z73 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Problems related to socioeconomic and psychosocial circumstances - instead, use Section Z55-Z65
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z73 - Problems related to life management difficulty'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z73. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.