ICD-10-CM Code Z77
Other contact with and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z77 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of Z77 that describes the diagnosis 'oth contact w and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health' in more detail.
- Z77 Other contact with and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health NON-BILLABLE
- Z77.0 with and (suspected) to NON-BILLABLE
- Z77.1 with and (suspected) to NON-BILLABLE
- Z77.2 with and hazardous NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z77.9 Other contact with and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health
Coding Notes for Z77 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Contact with and (suspected) exposures to potential hazards to health
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Contact with and (suspected) exposure to communicable diseases - instead, use code Z20.-
- Exposure to (parental) (environmental) tobacco smoke in the perinatal period - instead, use code P96.81
- Newborn (suspected to be) affected by noxious substances transmitted via placenta or breast milk - instead, use code P04.-
- Occupational exposure to risk factors - instead, use code Z57.-
- Retained foreign body - instead, use code Z18.-
- Retained foreign body fully removed - instead, use code Z87.821
- Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source - instead, use Section T51-T65
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z77 - Other contact with and (suspected) exposures hazardous to health'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z77. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.