ICD-10-CM Code Z86
Personal history of certain other diseases
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z86 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of Z86 that describes the diagnosis 'personal history of certain other diseases' in more detail.
- Z86 Personal history of certain other diseases NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.0 Personal history of in-situ and benign neoplasms and neoplasms of uncertain behavior NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.00 Personal history of in-situ neoplasm NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.01 Personal history of benign neoplasm NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.03 Personal history of neoplasm of uncertain behavior BILLABLE
- Z86.1 Personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.11 Personal history of tuberculosis BILLABLE
- Z86.12 Personal history of poliomyelitis BILLABLE
- Z86.13 Personal history of malaria BILLABLE
- Z86.14 Personal history of Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection BILLABLE
- Z86.19 Personal history of other infectious and parasitic diseases BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z86.2 Personal history of diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
- Z86.3 Personal history of endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.5 Personal history of mental and behavioral disorders NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.6 Personal history of diseases of the nervous system and sense organs NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.7 Personal history of diseases of the circulatory system NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.71 Personal history of venous thrombosis and embolism NON-BILLABLE
- Z86.72 Personal history of thrombophlebitis BILLABLE
- Z86.73 Personal history of transient ischemic attack (TIA), and cerebral infarction without residual deficits BILLABLE
- Z86.74 Personal history of sudden cardiac arrest BILLABLE
- Z86.79 Personal history of other diseases of the circulatory system BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Z86 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Any follow-up examination after treatment See Code Z09
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z86 - Personal history of certain other diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z86. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.