ICD-10-CM Code Z86.1
Personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code Z86.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of Z86.1 that describes the diagnosis 'personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases' in more detail.
- Z86.1 Personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE Z86.11 Personal history of
- BILLABLE Z86.12 Personal history of
- BILLABLE Z86.13 Personal history of
- BILLABLE Z86.14 Personal history of
- BILLABLE Z86.19 Personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases
Coding Notes for Z86.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Conditions classifiable to See Section A00-B89, B99
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Personal history of infectious diseases specific to a body system
- Sequelae of infectious and parasitic diseases - instead, use Section B90-B94
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'Z86.1 - Personal history of infectious and parasitic diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code Z86.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.